Friday, September 21, 2007

Faucets Reloaded


So enough of experimenting, I wanted to get back to a painting that I had started a couple of months ago but hadn't worked on in a while. You know, you just never know which paintings are going to look really good and which ones are going to disappoint you. I started this one on a whim and based it on a tiny little corner picture I saw in an old comic book. Someone asked my to do a painting of a girl crying--but not just crying, really crying. All right. You know, the whole damsel in distress thing. I get it. So I started it thinking not much, but then the more I worked on it the more I realized just how pretty it was becoming. The colors on it really seemed to work and it just ended up being really nice to look at. That's always my goal: to create a painting that you want to look at. I'm not going for any pseudo-intellectual pompousness here and I don't think anybody is going to be "challenged." It's just nice to look at. I'm happy.

No comments: